Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthdays and kisses

It's true.  I am 33.  Where has the time gone?  As I reflect on the last year, I am absolutely amazed at what has become of my life.  I am so BLESSED!  My baby is no longer a baby.  He has grown into this little boy that can tell you what letter is on the flash card and words that start what that letter!  He knows words like clock and points to it without being prompted, he just wants me to know that he knows what that is.  When we're outside, he points out all the birds and the airplanes.  When we're driving he points out all the trucks, "oooh a truuuuck".  When there is a semi or a BIG truck, he says "WHOA a TRUUUUUCK".   When the Aflac commercial comes on TV he says "Duck" and when the milk commercial comes on he says "Cow" and "Moooo"!  And whenever we see a baby, he says "BABY" (and not quietly--ever)!  I am truely AMAZED!!

I can tell when it's time for the weekend to come because it's harder and harder for him to say "bye bye" to me when I drop him off at Grandma Day Care.  Usually, it's 2 kisses and a hug but by Thursday and Friday it's a half a dozen or more.  Not that I mind them (I live for them).  And I know that when I leave, Grandma picks up where I left off and he gets at least a million more.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have to drop him off a "regular" day care.  We are SO fortunate.

Today, especially, I am missing my dad.  Everytime I rebuild the train track I think of him and how he would have had this elaborate track made up with different tiers and hand made trees, tunnels, risers and probably even trains.  That's the kind of Grandpa I think that he would have been to my son.  I think he would be proud.  I hope he would be proud. 

I look forward to see what my 33rd year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment