Friday, September 23, 2011

Just because

So today, for no reason at all, as I opened up this blog post, tears came streaming down my face.  I can't even begin to tell you how lucky I am to have this wonderful boy.  I wonder if every mother feels this way...I hope they do.  Don't get be wrong, life is not all sunshine and gum drops at our house.  There are plenty of time outs, tantrums and tears but I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world.  I love mornings and night time the best.  My little monkey crawls out of his bed and stands next to me and pets my face and says "Momma, I awake".  I say, "I see that buddy.  Did you sleep good?"  He says, "Uh huh" and I ask "Did you have good dreams?  What did you dream about?"  He says the same thing every morning, "McQueen.  Chick.  The King. (pause) Want Chuggington.  (pause)  Need to make poops." 

At night, I love the snuggling in under the blanket to read a story (or 4) and sing songs.  The best is when he sings with me.  A.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!!!

I can't imagine what life would be without him. 

1 comment: