Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1 month old




No doubt about it, that first month is a challenge to say the least. I remember saying I am never going to do this or I am never going to do that. HA!! You break out all the stops at 3 in the morning when the baby has been crying for what seems like an eternity and its been fed, changed, burped, rocked, swayed, anything and everything that the damn book said!! Give me that pacifer that I said that I was never going to give my child!! Ahhhh...relief.....

But seriously, yes the past month has had its difficulties but all in all has been great. The best parts of my days are when I am just holding Ben and he is staring at me, it truely is a love like no other. Then there are the times when Chad is holding him and I watch as he interacts with his son and I catch myself day dreaming of what life will be like in 5 years watching them play t-ball and catch in the back yard.


Life is so much better with Ben in our family.



At 1 month old, Benjamin:


  • weighs 10 lbs

  • is 21.5 inches long

  • holds his head up when he's on his tummy

  • likes to try to stand and bounce on Momma's lap

  • smiles

  • coos

  • eats 4 oz at a time

  • sleeps 4-5 hours at a time - no complaints here!!

  • doesn't take particular interest in any of his toys but loves Momma and Daddy's faces

  • likes the swing (at times) but not for too long

  • is sleeping in his big boy crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment